Saturday, May 11, 2013

Done, done and done!

So this is what happens when I don't keep up with the blog.  I get sewing done!!  I should be doing 5 posts, not one but hey well...

 Two 'Little Chef' aprons for my daughter's preschool silent auction.  Both made from fat quarters I had on hand.  Renamed 'panic aprons'.

 THE queen size quilt.  Looks like little fingers have smudged sunscreen on my lens.  Sigh.  Oh well, you get the idea of what the quilt looks like.  The quilting itself was kept simple- 'organic' (ie, not so straight) lines and then squares in/around the squares.  A little boring in the end I think....

 The back is more interesting- perhaps even manic!   Thrifted sheets and pillow cases, one extra square, old curtains and a bit of grandma's unfinished blouse (it's for a cousin of mine).

And do you suppose this 4 year old appreciated her quilt?  Got me all teary eyed!  She smooshed her face into it and hugged it for many minutes- the star gift!!  Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment