Saturday, April 6, 2013

Something New

Why oh why would I start something new when I'm in the midst of my biggest (literally) project ever?  Because my best friend asked for a quilt for her daughter's 4th birthday.  At the end of the month.  This month.  Yikes!! 

She asked for primary colours for her artistically inclined girlie- and I threw in some green.  Because I can't resist and I'm sure that she said add green and orange- while acknowledging that they are not primary colours.  I know, I know, there's no orange.  So be it.  I did what I could with an hour free in the quilt shop around the corner and I think I did pretty well.

It's going to have to be a simple quilt with this much time ahead of me.  I'm thinking wide strips. 

These two (mother and daughter) had a discussion (some might call it an argument) last week about Red.  Where does it come from, mummy?  How do you make it?  The final answer (with help from an artist friend):  RED JUST IS. 



No comments:

Post a Comment