Friday, March 15, 2013

The Beginnings

Usually I have a pretty simple pattern in mind when I'm making a quilt.  I feel like I'm not up to triangles yet- all that 1/4" measuring!!  So my uber-urban cousin asked me for a simple, modern quilt (how does this guy know what modern quilting is???!!) that is 'green'. I'm assuming he means colour, not ecological friendliness- though we might get to that too.

These are the fabrics I've chosen so far...
I can never resist sneaking a little Anna Maria Horner into the mix.  Sigh.  I love her.  Also some Chicopee from Denyse and the rest is from my stash- hand me downs, bought without purpose or leftovers from other quilts.  Oh, and that old shirt at the top from the thrift store.  So it's kinda 'green' too.  And of course there's the 'main' print Joel Dewberry's Woodgrain- mentioned in the last post. 

And here's the pattern that I'm cribbing-

well, it's not really a pattern is it?  Just a guide... so the Woodgrain would replace the light blue on the left hand half and the rest will make up those squres.  Not sure what I'm going to do with the squares background- possibly undyed linen.

We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment